The Space4Culture Conference
Eurisy, the Basilicata Region, NEREUS, the TeRN Consortium and the Italian Space Agency organise the “Space4Culture” conference to discuss current and potential uses of satellite-based services to safeguard and promote cultural heritage, create cultural and artistic experiences, foster social inclusion, and promote access to culture and arts within and around cities.
In particular, this conference will discuss uses of satellite-based services in the following domains:
Managing historical cities
Safeguarding, promoting and valuing cultural heritage
Creating innovative artistic and cultural experiences.
To raise awareness on operational satellite-based services which have already proved their added-value
To identify the obstacles preventing the full exploitation of satellite-based data
- To collect needs related to the use of satellite data (and in particular of the Copernicus datasets) and requirements for the integration of such data into existing datasets and platforms at the local, national and international levels.
The conference mainly targets final users of satellite-based services in the cultural and creative sectors:
- Public and private organisations managing services in historical cities
- Public and private managers of cultural sites and buildings
- Museums, cultural and artistic centres and tourism offices
- Private companies, NGOs and artists developing products and services for the cultural and creative sectors.
Moreover, the event aims at fostering discussion among the whole ecosystem of actors involved in managing and fostering culture, namely:
- Politicians and decision-makers at the European, national, regional and local levels, and relevant intergovernmental organisations
- Academia and research centres
- International organisations and NGOs active in the cultural and creative sectors.
The conference will be held at Palazzo Lanfranchi, in the Matera city centre.
The conference will last two half-days.
English and Italian (simultaneous translation to be provided).
The conference addresses the issue of safeguarding and promoting cultural heritage from a European perspective. Nevertheless, given the potential of satellite-based applications to protect and promote tangible and intangible cultural heritage, the conference might also include examples of use of satellite-based services from continents other than Europe.
For enquiries, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org